Abdul Qadir Molvi has specialized in sales management training, marketing and strategy for corporate clients. He has earned a professional diploma in International Trade and Commerce from UC Berkeley, (USA), MBA (IBA), and BSc from the University of Karachi. He has over 33 years marketing experience of pharmaceutical and consumer products with leading MNCs. He was elected to the Council of the Marketing Association of Pakistan (1996-98) and served as its Vice President in 1998. He has also been invited to lecture on international marketing to the classes of Brand Management 1999 at Fullerton College, California, USA. He has recently completed his MPhil in Business Management at IoBM.
He is professional turned academics. Work with Beecham Pakistan (Pvt)Ltd and SmithKline Beecham in senior management position in sales and marketing department.(experience from grass level to the board level activities).
- M.Phil (Business Management), IoBM.
- B.Sc, M.B.A, Diploma in International & Commerce (UC Berkeley, USA).
|2014-Continue||Head: Management/HR Department||Institute of Business Management|
|2006-2013||Senior Fellow||Institute of Business Management|
|2002-2006||Adjunct & Visiting Faculty||Institute of Business Administration, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, & PAF-KIET|
|2000-2001||Senior Fellow||Institute of Business Management|
|1999-2000||Adjunct Faculty||IBA, Karachi / Hamdard University|
|1997-1998||Visiting Faculty||Hamdard University|
1965 to 2000: 34+ year experience of Pharmaceutical sales, marketing , and Management. National Sales Manager (Pharmaceuticals & Consumer Products) Beecham Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd, National Sales Manager SmithKline Beecham, Marketing Services Manager and Demand Manger Smith Kline Beecham, Member -Supply Chain Management Team for Middle East and Africa Region.
- Pharmaceutical Management, Sales Management, Entrepreneurship
- Performance Appraisal
- Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics and the Influence on Sales Force Satisfaction in Karachi’s Pharmaceutical Industry Marketing Review Q1-2017(AAS) (PRJ)
- A.Q., Saba Gulzar, Syeda Nadia Bukhari, M. Aijaz Rasheed (2016) Biographical Variable’s Input on Pharmaceutical’s Sales Person’s Job Satisfaction, 1st International Conference on Business, Economics &Education Management Local, Regional & Global Perspective (ICBEM), Sukkur IBA., (AAS) (APMP)
- Molvi. A.Q, and Rauf.A; (2016) “Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students of a Leading Business School of Karachi”. Submitted in PBR and in second review process.(TLS) (PRJ)
- Abdul Qadir Molvi and Muhammad Aijaz Rasheed, 2013, “Impact of Performance Appraisal’s Characteristics on Sales Persons’ Job Satisfaction: A Comparative study of multinational companies And Local Pharmaceutical Companies in Pakistan”. The proceedings of International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices, “Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore Pakistan.” (AAS) (PRJ)
- Sales Force Satisfaction in Pharmaceutical industry at Karachi, Vol 14, No.1, Pakistan Business Review.(PBR) (AAS) (PRJ)
- 3-AQ Molvi, 2012, Performance Appraisal Characteristics and Its Impact on Sales(BDS) (PRJ)
- 2-AQ Molvi and Maqsood Ahmed, 2010, Economic and Social impact of Planned Pri-Urban dairy Industry and its ecological concerns at Landhi Cattle Colony. (AAS) (PRJ)
- Q. Molvi, 2001, Physicians’ Evaluation of Pharmaceutical Companies in the Karachi Market 2001” Volume 3, Number 4, 2002, Pakistan Business Review(PBR) (AAS) (PRJ)
- Co-ordinator, “Polio Awareness Workshop for Ulemas and Local Government Representatives” Quetta, Baluchistan., January 23, 2018
- “Pharmaceutical Sales Person’s Job Satisfaction with Performance Appraisal Process: A Study of Asian Country” ICOM 2017 in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 1st International Conference on Business, Economics & Education Management Local, Regional, and Global Perspective held on December 15 -16, 2016
- Conducted 3 hours session on, “Professional Presentation Skills” at the “Trainers Training” at Institute of Cost, Management Accountants of Pakistan in November 2016.
- Impact of Performance Appraisals, Characteristics on Sales Persons’ Job Satisfaction: A comparative study of multinational companies and local companies -2nd International Research Conference on Contemporary Management Practices, LUMS, Lahore Pakistan -2013
- The 2nd Sindh International Conference 2010
- 3rd Mathematical Colloquium, IoBM, 2008
- Team Building Seminar(Production Staff) , PharmEvo, —2008
- Management Development Training (Four Courses) for Population Welfare Wing, Govt of Pakistan 2006-07
- Changing Role of Sales Force in the Pharma Industry–Pharmacol 2004
- Coaching Skills Seminar – PharmEvo Company, 2001
- Export Marketing Seminar, IBA Karachi 2002
- Export Pharmaceuticals Marketing – 2 Day Seminar for SMEDA. 2002
- Professional Selling Skills Course for Pharmaceutical Sales force, BSC (now Management Excellence Center) –2001
- International Brand Management, Fullerton University College, County, California USA.(two lectures)— 2000
Honors and Awards
- Coordinator Ulema Committee, Polio Plus Committee, since 2015.
- District Chairman,Formal Education, Literacy & Education, Rotary District 3271(Pakistan), 2010-2011
- Art and Craft of Leadership, 2008,Harvard Business School, USA
- President, Rotary Club of Karachi East 2007-08
- Member Board of Studies PAF-KIET 2004-2006
- Council Member, Marketing Association of Pakistan 1996-1998
- Vice-President, Marketing Association of Pakistan 1998
- “Rotary International has introduced a Polio Plus Memorial Scholarship (PPMS) to recognize frontline life care workers, some who have sacrificed their lives carrying out polio immunization and other health based activities“.
- The PPMS scholarship programme is US$9000/- in the field of public health from recognized universities of Pakistan. Memorial Scholarship Committee to oversee selection on merit basis comprises of:
- PDG Syed Shahab Balkhi – Chair
- PDG Hidayatullah Khan
- PP Satwat Butt
- PP Abdul Qadir Molvi
- PP Kamal Siddiqui”
- Member “NADI water filter systems” installation in the villages around Mirpur Khas. Objective: 200 units to be installed by June 2017 at cost of Rs.400,000 contributed by Rotary Club of Karachi East members.
- Polio Coordinator Ulema Committee , Pakistan, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Industry Engagements
- Strategic Human Resource Society, USA
- Rotary Club of Karachi East
- President Rotary Club of Karachi East 2008
- Chairman, Higher Education Committee, Rotary Dist 271
- Life Member Marketing Association of Pakistan
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room 202 Academics Blocks, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 315