Bilal Ahmed Chishty has over 23 year experience of accounting, finance, management and teaching at middle and senior positions. He has been associated with private and public sector organizations of the country and serves Pakistan Defense Housing Authority (DHA), Federal Urdu University Karachi, Suffa University, Preston University and Decent Exports.
He holds a Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) from Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), Karachi and also did MS (finance) from Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences (HIMS) Karachi. Currently he is enrolled in PhD program of University of Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) in the field of finance. His core areas of research are Short-term Financing, Capital Structure, and Corporate Finance.
Bilal Ahmed Chishty has been teaching various courses in the field of Accounting, and Finance for the last 15 years at various universities and business institutes at Karachi. Currently he is associated with College of Business Management (CBM) as an Assistant Professor in the department of accounting and finance.
PhD – (Finance) in progress final stage
University of Malaysia Sarawak – (UNIMAS)
MS – (Finance) – CGPA 3.51
Hamdard Institute of Management Sciences-HIMS
MBA – (Finance) – CGPA 3.57
Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology – KASBIT
BBA (Honors) – GPA 3.4
Preston Institute of Management Science and Technology (PIMSAT)
Pass Foundation Examination
Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan
- DHA – Suffa University – June 2012 – April 2018
- Lecturer / Manager Executive MBA Program
- DHA – College of Business – April 2003 – May 2012
- Lecturer / Program Coordinator/Controller Examination
- DHA – College of Business – Jan 2002 to March 2003
- Accounts and Administration Manager
- PIMSAT – August 1997 to Jan 2002
- Program Coordinator
- Decent Exports – February 1995 to October 1997
- Diploma in Computer Sciences from AT & T Education Center
- Oracle Financials Module – 1 from Matrix Corporation.
- Good command over MS Office packages.
- Frequent user of research software (Stata and Eviews)
Teaching & Research Area
Fundamentals of Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Portfolio Management, Investment Management, Derivative Analysis, Financial Statement Analysis, Alternative Investments, Financial Management, Managerial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Strategic Finance.
- Capital structure
- Working capital management
- Behavioral finance
- Consumer behavior
- Cluster Analysis of Compulsive Consumption Scale of Residence of Karachi.
- Remigration of Pakistani Expatriates.
- Capital structure analysis of Power Sector in Pakistan
- Relationship between leverage and profitability of automobile section in Pakistan
- Promoted as faculty member in DHA
- Best performance award from PIMSAT in 1999 & 2000
- Best performance award 2011 in DACB
- Intergenerational Influences on Automobile Brand Preferences in Pakistan. Proceedings of IBAICM conference on Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid in Emerging Markets, University of Malaya, 2016, KUL, Malaysia: IBA
- The Role of Information Technology on Financial Services held on 6th November 2002 at Creek Club – DHA.
- The Future of Training & Development of Human Resources in Pakistan held on 3rd May 2003 at Hotel Regent Plaza.
- Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Management conducted for all principal staff of DHA Schools and Colleges
- Teacher’s Training conducted for all newly appointed teaching staff of DHA
- Case Teaching and Writing held on January 14 – 15, 2016 at DHA Suffa University
- Qualitative Data Analysis held on May 21, 2016 at SZABIST Karachi.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room – CBM Building, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – “”