Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi Holds an MBA (Health Management) from IoBM and MBBS from Sindh Medical University. Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi has worked in the Clinical Trial Unit of the Aga Khan University Hospital and Glaxo Smith-Kline in the area of Product Management. Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi is also the former President of CBM Society of Health Managers (CSHM). Dr. Humeira is a Certified Master Trainer in Faculty Professional Development Program (MT FPDP) from the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan and under the same; Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi has also been certified from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand for an advanced program on ‘Ensuring Training Effectiveness for MT FPDP’. At present, Dr. Humeira Jawed Abidi is enrolled in PhD Program at IoBM.
- MPhil, Business Management, Institute of Business Management (IoBM), (ongoing).
- MBA, Health and Hospital Management, Institute of Business Management, Karachi, 2010.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, (MBBS), Sindh Medical College, Karachi, 2004.
Training and Development
- Certified Master Trainer from the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in areas of Faculty Professional Development (MT FPDP).
- Certified Master Trainer in Training Effectiveness from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok. Thailand.
- Conducted a series of trainings for faculty professional development under IoBM
- Faculty Professional Development Program in Innovative Teaching Techniques and Teaching as a Profession, 2013-2014 at the Institute of Business Management.
- Training for General Practitioners in Clinical Professional Management under the banner of PharmEvo, 2014.
- Training of sales field force in sales call planning, interpersonal communication skills, personal development, stress management and literature detailing at GlaxoSmithKline, Pakistan.
Senior Faculty, Health and Hospital Management, IoBM, Karachi.
- Teaching & training MBA students in fields of Health & Hospital Management courses at IoBM–
- Primary Health Care, Research and Survey Methodology and Organizational Behavior.
- Capacity building and professional counseling of Health Managers in fields of Hospital
- Administration, Pharmaceutical Management and Health Services Administration.
- Adviser to student based activity society – CBM Society of Health Managers
- Assisting the program Head of Department in administrative tasks and responsibilities in developing departmental SOPs and policies.
- Coordinating students’ final MBA thesis and research dissertations.
- Active member of the Board of Studies for Curriculum development of the MBA Health Management Program.
- Worked at GlaxoSmithKline, Pakistan and handled product management duties of 4 strategic brands:
- Avodart (Dutasteride) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Seroxat (Paroxetine) for co morbid Anxiety and Depression
- Zofran 4mg (Ondansetron) for Post Operative Nausea and Vomiting
- Motival (Fluphenazine & Notriptyline) for mixed Anxiety and Depression
- Integrated marketing, sales, finance, medical, production, distribution, demand, budgeting and forecasting etc. of product portfolios including training and development of field force.
- Conducted multi city events, programs and symposiums for disease awareness, product promotion and education of practitioners to enhance their disease management skills. Built liaisons with key external experts, doctors and health societies to increase product/company affiliation. Developed marketing plans and strategies for positioning and penetration of products into disease area markets and customers.
Clinical Trial Unit and Radiation Oncology, Aga Khan University Hospital.
- Worked at the Aga Khan Hospital in capacity of Management Associate at the Clinical Trial Unit and coordinated multi-site or large-scale industry sponsored clinical trial research studies conducted by the principal investigator(s) at the University in support of activities that meet objectives of assigned research protocols. Helped align the research study perspective along with the institutional norms and requirements at the University with regards to Ethics, Finance, Legal and Grants.
- Responsible for maintaining, reviewing, documenting, costing and budgeting of clinical trials. Attended sponsor-investigator meetings as needed for assigned clinical trials. Understand critical detailing and policies associated with legal and ethical issues related to trials. Coordinated of multiple tasks and projects of the CRU involving the establishment of the Unit with meetings, site visits, design plans.
- Decision making on procurement of items, equipment, budgeting and staffing Attended and providing suggestions for related issues during CRU meetings with Facilities Management, Design Office, and Purchase. Developed and implemented standard operating policies and procedures (SOPs) and ensuring compliance with instituted practices.
- Involved in creating a Clinical Databank using MS Excel and SPSS Version 16 to help generate statistical inferences for Clinical Oncology studies. Assisted in streamlining informative material including pamphlets and brochures for patient Education. Participated in the monthly Quality Improvement Committee meetings and weekly departmental meetings.
- Jawed, H., Faisal, A., Emotional Intelligence and Performance of Doctors and Nurses in Karachi, Pakistan Business Review, 2013.
- Faisal, A., Ayub, N., Jawed, H., Needle Phobia in Young Adults, Pakistan Business Review, October 2013.
- Faisal, A, Hussain, N, Jawed, H, “Self-Esteem in Male and Female Patients of Facial Burn Injuries in Karachi” published in Pakistan Business Review, PBR October 2015, Volume 18.
- Clinical experience in Medicine, Surgery, Emergency, Cardiology and Medical ICU management at Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Center, Karachi.
- Roll of Honor and Distinction in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Community Medicine.