Dr. Imam Uddin is an active academician and a researcher in the field of Islamic Banking & Finance. He has got more than ten years of experience in Teaching, research, product development, product management and Sharia’ compliance and authored multiple books and numerous research papers that have been published in the International Journal of Islamic Finance recognized by the AAOIFI, IRTI, and IDB etc. He has earned his PhD in Islamic Finance from University of Karachi, LL.B in International Law from FUUAST & PGD in Islamic Banking & Finance from Center for Islamic Economics (CIE). He has served the Islamic Banking Group, National Bank of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi, University of Balochistan Quetta and DHA Suffa University Karachi. Currently he is associated with the College of Business Management Institute of Business Management as an Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting & Finance.
|LL.B (International Law)||FUUAST Karachi||2011|
|PhD (Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2008|
|M.Phil. leading to PhD (Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2005|
|Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence||Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi||2005|
|Masters (Major: Islamic Finance)||University of Karachi||2003|
|Masters (Arabic & Islamic Studies)||University of Karachi||2003|
|Shahadat-ul-Aalima (Equivalent to Masters in Arabic & Islamic Studies)||Wifaqul Madaris – Pakistan||2002|
|Bachelors (Major: Islamic Finance & Islamic Economics)||University of Sindh, Jamshoro||–|
|PGD (Islamic Banking & Finance)||Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Karachi)||2006|
|Associate Professor||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)||Since April, 2015-to date|
|Assistant Professor & HoD Basic Sciences & HumanitiesFaculty of Economics & Management sciences||DHA Suffa University Karachi||Jan 2014 to March 2015|
|Assistant Professor||University of Balochistan||Nov 2011 to Dec 2012|
|Assistant Professor||Mohammad Ali Jinnah University||July 2011 to Oct 2011|
|Lecturer||Center for Islamic Economics, (CIE)||January 2005 to June 2011|
|Vice President/Member Shariah Committee||Aitemaad Islamic Banking – National Bank of Pakistan||Dec 2013 to Dec 2014|
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- 10th foundation of Islamic Finance Conference 2018 (FIFC) 23rd – 24th Jan 2018 at Lancaster university management school UK
- 1st World Islamic Economics and Finance Conference (WIEFC – 2018) 3rd & 4th Jan 2018 at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
- Workshop titled:“Islamic Finance for Academicians” 22nd August to Friday, 25th August, 2017, at the IBA City Campus in Karachi
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Banking & Finance
- Takaful & Risk Management
- Islamic Banking Practices
- Islamic Capital Market
In general, the advocates and practitioners of conventional banking and finance not only able to properly differentiate between the differences exist between the conventional and Islamic banking but also flourishes the same to the masses through electronic and print media which turns into overwhelming misconceptions among the general public about Islamic banking and finance. To address this challenge faced by the contemporary Islamic banking industry, the importance of incorporating pedagogical methods in teaching have become more importance than incorporating the same in any other course. Through learning innovation techniques, we at IoBM, strive to develop such skill set amongst students so that they themselves become innovators to provide the new and improved solutions to meet the challenges faced by the Islamic banking and finance industry not only in Pakistan but also worldwide.
- Produced four M.Phil./MS scholars
- Numerous PhD & MS/M.Phil scholars being supervised
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Uddin.I, Saleem.M.S,Mansoor.F.B.,Hassan.M.,Muhammad.G,(2017) Islamic Finance & Commercial Funding or Finance as Worship? Pakistan Business Review
- Uddin.I,Meraj.M,Nigina.Q,(2017).Monetary Transmission Mechanism in an Emerging Economy of the Republic of Tajikistan. International Review of Management and Business Research
- Uddin.I,Hussain.A,(2017) Effect of Capital Structure on Profitability of Conventional Banks of Pakistan. Pakistan Business ReviewImamuddin
- “REDEFINIG ECONOMIC SYSTEMS AS AN ISLAMIC ECONOMIC SYSTEM” Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, Page 65 – 78, Spring 2016
- Imamuddin “Principles of Islamic Economics In The Light Of the Holy Quran and Sunnah” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714, www.ijhssi.org || Volume 5 Issue 5 ||May. 2016 || PP.48-54
- Imamuddin “Applying Financial Efficiency to Mitigate Systematic Risk”, European Journal of Business Management, Vol: 7, No. 28, 2015, P 79 to 96
- Imamuddin, “Attaining Financial Efficiency through Funds Utilization: The Bankers’ Perspective”. European Journal of Business Management,Vol: 7, No. 1, 2015, P 244 to 258
- Imamuddin, “To analyze the issues related to implementation of interest free banking in pakistan” Interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary Research in Business, 2012, vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin,“Economics of Islam: Islamic Perspective of Banking in Pakistan”, 2013, Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, USA, (approved)
- Imamuddin, “Islamic Banking in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 42-72
- Imamuddin, “The Honour System Victimization and Islamic Restrictions for Global Communities.” interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary research in Business, 2012, Vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin, “Honour System: an Empirical analysis” Asian Journal of empirical research, 2013, vol. 03, No. 05, 596-604
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and Challenges for Soft Drink Industry. Research Analysis of “Rooh Afza” as the Case.” RADIX International Journal of banking, finance and Accounting, 2013, vol. 02, No. 04, 01-46.
- Imamuddin, “Admission Process in Preston University” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, No. 05, 596-604.
- Imamuddin, “Fatwa as non-state legal system” 2012, Research Journal of Islamic studies, Vol. 08, 172-194.
- Imamuddin, “The knowledge reviewing of objection on hadith declaration” 2006, Ahyaul uloom Karachi,vol. 03, No.1-2, 121-137
- Imamuddin, “Social justice: need and importance in the light of seerah” 2012, Islamic finance journal, vol. 01, No. 01, 1-13.
- Imamuddin, “Prepaid Visa Debit Cards of United Bank Limited” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, 39-42.
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and challenges of banking sector in Service Industry”, 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No. 7, 321-323.
- Imamuddin, “Leasing Industry in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 24-31
- Imamuddin, “Failure of corporate governance in Pakistan Railway” 2013, International journal of multidisciplinary sciences and engineering.Vol. 4, no. 5, 48-49
- Imamuddin, “ Perception and Impact towards dangerous affect of smoking on health”, 2013, International journal of science and IT management, vol. 02, 1-8
- Imamuddin, “Critical Analysis of Organization of air blue”, 2013, “Eurasian Research journal, vo. 1, No. 01, 12-17.
- Imamuddin, “ An analysis of Demand and performance of Islamic banking: business Administration perspective of Pakistan”, 2013, research journal Preston University Karachi, vol. 01, No, 01, 32-39
- Imamuddin,” A critical study to Islamic inter-Bank Benchmark offer rate: associated issues and Solutions.” 2013, Islamic finance journal, vol. 01,No. 01, 1-3
- imamuddin,” Merits and Demerits of increasing Internet Usage for e-commerce”, 2013, Research Journal of commerce and behavioral sciences, vol. 02 No. 08, 6-8
- Imamuddin, “Challenges and prospects of human resources in Service industry’’, 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No. 7, 324-336.
- Imamuddin, “Customer loyalty and satisfaction influence on service industry. Analysis for cellular mobile phone companies in Pakistan.” 2013, Asian Journal Of Research In Marketing, (Approved)
- Imamuddin, “The Notion of Corporate Governance in Islam” 2013, The IUP Journal of Corporate Governance. Vol. XII, No. 4
- Imamuddin, “Students’ and Teachers’ Perceptions on teaching of English
Poetry at Secondary levels” TIJ’s Research Journal of Social Science & Management – RJSSM, Singapore, Oct, 2015
- Imamuddin, “Importance of English and Urdu Reference and Ellipsis in Translation”. Research journal of Social Science & Management, Singapore 2015,Vol.05,Number:4 (AAS) (PRJ)
- Saleem.M.S.,Uddin,I.,(2017) Removing Fallacies Regarding Use of Conventional Benchmark in Islamic Banking and Finance. paper published in proceedings International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance,29th & 30th November 2017 (AAS) (APMP)
- Saleem.M.S.,Uddin. I., (2017) The Fallacy of conventional Benchmarks in Islamic Banking and Finance: Defining, Defending and Discussing with Evidence from Archival Data. 1st world Islamic Economics & Finance Conference (AAS) (APMP)
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
- Participated as paper presenter at International conference namely: “Islam and the Construction of New Economic Moralities: Divergence, Convergence and Competing Futures,” Organized by The Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics at University of California – Barkley, California –USA. Dated 24-26 June, 2016.
- Participated as Speaker at International conference on legal education organized by SZABUL, Karachi. Dec 3-4, 2016 at PC hotel, Karachi.
- Participated as Speaker at International Conference on Islamic Banking Organized by Florida International University Miami, USA dated 06,07 April 2015.
- Participated as Research paper presenter at “5th Global Islamic Marketing Conference” Organized by Global Islamic Marketing Association UK in collaboration with University of Qatar. Dated April 23 and 24, 2014.
- Participated as Research paper presenter at “3rd International conference on Islamic Business 2014” Organized by Riphah Center of Islamic Business Riphah International University Islamabad in collaboration with International Islamic University Islamabad and State Bank of Pakistan. Dated February 10 and 11, 2014.
- Participated in Two days “Islamic Finance Conference 2013” in Abu Dhabi, Organized by The University of Abu Dhabi. April 2013.
- International Conference On “Fatwa As A Non-State Legal System” Organized by Faculty Shariah & Law, International Islamic University Islamabad in Collaboration with Higher Education Commission Islamabad & Al-Wastia Forum, Jordan. Dated: December 3-4, 2012.
- National Islamic Scientific Research Conference Organized by National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences Karachi in Collaboration with Higher Education Commission Islamabad. Dated: September 10-11,2012
- National Seminar On “Changes In Curriculum: Requirements And Prospects” Organized by Faculty of Islamic Studies University of Karachi, Karachi. Dated: July 26-27, 2004.
- Training Workshop On “Gender Sensitization” With Teaching Faculty Members Of University Of Baluchistan, Quetta, Organized by Gender Studies Department University of Balochistan, Quetta under Gender Equity Program of Aurat Foundation, in Collaboration with United State Agency for International Development (USAID). Dated: November 8th 2012.
- Seminar on “Geneva Convention and the Islamic Laws of War” Organized by International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Collaboration with Department of Qura’n & Sunnah, University of Karachi. Dated: May 3, 2011.
- Two Days Workshop on “Advancing of Human and Women’s Rights within an Islamic Framework across South Asia” Organized by Faculty Law & Shari’ah International Islamic University Islamabad. Dated: March 12-13, 2011 at Regent Plaza Hotel Karachi.
- Three Days Workshop on “Ensuring Training Effectiveness” Organized by university of Balochistan in collaboration with learning innovation Division HEC. July 4-6, 2013.
Books & Manuals
- Imamuddin, “The concept of partnership in present era and comparative study in Islamic orders.(TB)
- Imamuddin, “A joint stock company and its laws according to Islamic ways.(TB)
- Teaching material for the course of Islamic Banking & finance (OTM)
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
- Mohammad Asif Jah, “UMRAH: STEP BY STEP” 2010, Al-khair academy Karachi.
- Mohammad Ameen, “LISANUL QURA’N, (Arabic)” 2011,
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for Class four”, 2013, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for class six”, 2012, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
- Muhammad Hashim Kakar, “ISLAMIAT: Syllabus book for class Nine and Ten”, 2012, Baluchistan Text Book Board, Quetta.
Besides teaching and research activities, Dr. Imamuddin is also the director of the “Centre of Islamic Banking & Finance” which is being operated under the umbrella of the Department of Accounting and Finance. He has not only organized the First International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance at IoBM in the month of November, 2017 but also engaged in offering and initiating different training programs on Islamic banking & finance with an objective to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Moreover, he is the head of research group titled, “Islamic Economic, Banking and Finance” at IoBM, where he initiates, manages and evaluate research activities performed by other members of the group to make IoBM a regional leading research organization in the field of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
|Member Shariah Committee, Islamic Banking Group||National Bank of Pakistan|
|Member Scientific and Technical Committee||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Editorial Review Board Member||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Member Academic Council||Faculty of Economics & Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member Board of Study||Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member, Curriculum Revision Committee||Balochistan Text Book Board Quetta|
|Member Penal of Examiners for Degree Classes||University of Balochistan,Quetta|
|Executive Member Indian School of Economics||Allahabad India|
|Member Departmental Admission Committee (MS/MPhil & PhD Program)||University of Balochistan, Quetta|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Business Administration||Preston University Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Islamic Finance||Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance, Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board||Research Journal “The Scholar” 2015|
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No 2, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 389