Holds M Sc in Statistics majoring Operations Research from University of Karachi, MBA from IBA, Karachi and PhD from Hamdard University, Karachi. He posses 16 years professional experience in private sector industries in Pakistan and abroad in which he worked with companies such as Philips Electric Company of Pakistan, Al-Futtaim Group of Companies, Juma Al Majid Establishment in UAE and NMC(National Management Consultant) Pakistan. Dr. Khan also has more than 19 years academic experience in different universities and colleges. He taught in IBA Karachi, Hamdard University, ICMAP, Baharia University and Iqra University, CAMS, Textile Institute of Pakistan and had been associated with IoBM for 14 years as visiting faculty before joining the Institute on a permanent basis. He also provided consultation for management in NMC. He has conducted several marketing research and business development studies in Pakistan and abroad. His areas of interests are Operations Research for Management, Operations and Production Management, Quantitative Analysis for Business and Management, Statistical Inference and Mathematics.
Area of Specialization:
- Quantitative Analysis for Management, Management, Operations Research for Management, Statistics and Mathematics.
1978 to 1992 and 1994-1995
- Arround 16 years professional experience in the field of marketing research, marketing, business development and management cosultancy in private sector industries in Pakistan and abroad in which he worked with companies such as Philips Electric Company of Pakistan, Al-Futtaim Group of Companies, Juma Al Majid Establishment in UAE and NMC(National Management Consultant) Pakistan.
September 2010- Continued :
- Senior Fellow (In the rank of Associate Professor) in IoBM.
September 1995 –August 2010
- Adjunct faculty member in Institute of Business Administration (IBA) and Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Bahria University and Iqra University.
- Associate Professor in Textile Institute of Pakistan.
- Assistant Director in College of Business and Information Technology (CAMS).
- Assistant Professor in Hamdard University, Karachi.
- Paper Setter/Modifier for Institute of Cost and Management of Pakistan (ICMAP).
- Adjunct faculty member in ICMAP, Bahria University and Iqra University.
1974 to 1978
- Faculty member in Government Superior Science College Karachi.(Conducted classes of degree level).
1994 to 1995
- ‘Consultant’ in National Management Consultants (Pvt.) Ltd. – A leading management consultancy firm in Pakistan NMC has provided consultancy input of various degrees to the Business World and the Economy of the Country.
- Research paper “Forecasting Gold Prices-Box Jenkins Approach” has been published in International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering (IJETAE-ISSN 2250-2459). Volume 3, Issue 3, March 2013
MANAGEMENT RESEARCH GROUP – QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- Established ‘Management Research Group”. The objective of this research group is to focus on Quality Management/Managerial Excellence issues in the business and other organizations.
- The group provides an academic environment for the students/scholars for innovative and critical analysis of organizational problems.
- This research group focuses on wide-range of problem domains in the field of Operations Management, Operations Research, Total Quality Management, Statistical Process Control, Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Inventory Management.
- The students/scholars interested in completing Ph.D. or MS/M.Phil. thesis in management may contact for guidance by e-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Certificate on Successful Completion of Course on “SPSS Based Course on Statistical Methods in Research”(August 29-31, 2015)
- Participated in 8th Mathematics Colloquium on “BIG Data Innovations. (March 2015).
- Certificate on Successful Completion of Course on “Supply Chain Management” Organized by NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi. (January 01- 10, 2014).
- Certificate of Participation in a SPSS based course “STATISTICAL METHODS IN RESEARCH” Organized by IoBM, Karachi. (December 21–22, 2013)
- Certificate of attending a Laboratory based Course SAP – ERP conducted by Prof. Dr. D. Steude at IoBM Karachi. (November 2013)
- Certificate of Participation in a Workshop on “Class Management Strategy” Gaining and Maintaining Student’s Cooperation. Organized by IoBM, Karachi.
- Certificate on Successful Completion of Course on “Leather Products Marketing”. Organized by Leather Industry Development Organization, Ministry of Industries, and Government of Pakistan.
- Certificate on Successful Completion of a crash course in “Information Technology”. Organized by the Institute of Computer Technology, Karachi.
- Certificate awarded by CAMS College of Business & Information technology for the Best Teacher of the year 2003, Karachi.
- Certificate of Participation in a course on “English Grammar: A Skill- Building Approach”. Organized by the PAK Organization of Workers in Educational Research (POWER).Karachi.
- Participated in a workshop on “Development of Research Proposal”. Organized by IoBM, Karachi.
- Certificate on Completion of “Basic Arabic Course”. Organized by Pakistan Arabic College, Karachi.