Kanwal Gul, Lecturer in Management and HR department at IoBM holds MBA degree in Marketing from IBA Sukkur and a degree in the M.Phil. (Business Management) from IoBM. She has also served at IoBM as Research Assistant in Human Resource & Management Department. She has worked for financial institutions like (UBL, HBL, NIB Bank and Jubilee Insurance) for approximately 3 years. Beside her corporate experience she had worked as a Senior Auditor and Faculty in Management Sciences at ILMA University. She has also served as visiting faculty at IQRA University where she taught qualitative and quantitative research techniques to the masters’ students. Along with teaching experience, she became seriously committed to pursue a career in research and teaching. She has two years of writing academic research experience. Her research focus lies in the areas of Employee Engagement, Student Engagement and Emotional Intelligence and organizational efficiency.
- M.Phil 2018 in Business Management at Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
- MBA / 2009 in Marketing at Sukkur IBA University (S-IBA)
- B.A / 2006 in Political Science at Shah Abdul Latif University, Jamshoro
- Marketing Diploma at Institute of Business Management 2018
- Certification of successful completion of training of qualitative data analysis on NVIVO, IoBM 2018
- Skill builder level Plus certificate by Jubilee life Insurance held on April-May 2012, Karachi.
- Worked as visiting Faculty at IQRA university (Jan-Aug 2018)
Taught research techniques and analysis
Taught Research methodologies
- Worked as visiting Faculty at Institute of Business Management (Sep 2017- Aug 2018)
Taught Principles of Management
- Worked as Research Associate at Institute of Business Management (2016-18)
Responsible for helping social scientists in the office setting with the help of research. Assists with experiments, analysis, quality control, data entry, and reporting.
Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
Collect information from people through observation, interviews, or surveys.
Conduct internet-based and library research.
Prepare findings for publication and assist in test center analysis, quality control, or data management.
To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Worked as Senior Audit Officer at ILMA University (2015)
Analyzing processes, policies and controls.
Identifying improvement opportunities for staff and management
Preparing weekly reports of performance of staff
To check and access performed tasks accordingly
To assess and rate faculty and management staff on their duties performed on weekly basis.
Developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place
Assist in the preparation of reports to communicate the results and recommendations to management
- Worked as Lecturer at ILMA University (2015)
- Worked as Area Sales Associate at NIB Bank Karachi (2013)
- Worked as Personal Finanacial Consultant at HJubilee life Insurance (2012)
- Worked as Bank Assurance officer at HBL (2011)
- Internee at UBL Head Office Regional Credit Administration Department (Corporate Banking) (2011)
- Invited as adjudicator at SZABIST, for “Case Competencia 2018” A case study competition among different sections of Strategic Management class of MBA.
- Assed and Invigilated students at Skillston (NICAHM) on behalf of National Vocational and Technical Training Commission August 2017
- Member at National Vocational and Technical Training Commission
- Assed and Invigilated students at Aman Foundation on behalf of City & Guilds 2015
- Organized BASANT festival at Sukkur IBA University (S-IBA) 2008
- Former member of student society (BASC) at Sukkur IBA University (S-IBA)
Continuing Professional Development CPD
- Attended a seminar on the Science and Art of Learning and Teaching Conducted By Javed Ahmed, 14th Oct 2018, IoBM
- Attended SSK Faculty Development Program, 4 days, Feb. 2018, Emotional Intelligence, TTI success Insights, SSDII (USA) / IoBM conducted by Dr.Bozai.
- Attended a two day workshop Qualitative Research Methodologies and Data Analysis using NVIVO, scheduled on April 7-8, 2018, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM.
- Attended International conference on Islamic Banking and Finance, Practice, regulations and sustainability (ICIEBF 2017) at IoBM
- Attended 2nd International Conference on Experiential Learning, Oct. 21-22, 2017.
- Attended 2nd Faculty Development Colloquium, Association of Management Development Institutions in Pakistan / IoBM Sept. 20-21, 2017.
- IoBM Business Leaders Conference, August 16, 2017
- Attended Developing Aligned, Engaged & Innovative Organizations: Sean Culey, MAP, Movenpick Hotel, Karachi, Feb. 2015
- Attended and assisted workshop on labor laws in Pakistan at Institute of Business Management with Dr Afaq Ahmed Qazi, 2017
- Managing the Talent in VUCA times by Nutshell held at Marriott, Karachi on 1st February, 2017
- Attended 11th HR Summit at Marriot Hotel Karachi on Behalf of IoBM, Karachi, 2017
- Attended Faculty 1st Faculty Colloquium at IoBM Karachi 2016
- Attended Multidisciplinary research seminar Series at IoBM
Statement of research
- Focused on Student Engagement and Employee Engagement
- Interested in research on importance of students counselling in Pakistan
Research Grants and Contracts
- Research grant from IoBM for the publication of 2 papers at an ISI indexed International Conference in 2017 (29th IBIMA conference).
- Research grant from IoBM for the publication of 2 papers at an ISI indexed International Conference in 2017 (30th IBIMA conference).
- Research grant from IoBM for the publication of 1 papers at a HEC recognized conference 201 (ICBEM Suk-IBA conference).
- Book Reading and Book Review writing
In my teaching experience I have observed that students has developed the habit to read PowerPoint slides and skip the text book reading. Which leads them to imprecise theoretical concepts and short term learning of the subject. To encourage them for reading and to develop a reading culture, I introduced “book reading” as a part of course project.
Students read different books (related to management) and wrote a review of the book.
Students also gave presentations and told their fellow students how those books were related to management and how they can use management concepts in their daily life routine.
They read following books
- 7 Habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey
- The goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- One Minute Manager Kenneth H. Blanchard, Spencer Johnson
- The power of now By Eckhart Tolle
- The secret By Rhonda Byrne
- The power of habit by Charles Duhigg
- Robinson Crusoe By Daniel Defoe
- Six thinking hats By Edward de Bono
- Smarter Faster Better By Charles Duhigg
- The maze Runner By James Dashner
- Tipping Point By Malcolm Gladwell
- Poke the Box By Seth Godin
- The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho
- K.Gul (2018) “Factors influencing sustainability of NGOs in Pakistan” M.Phil Thesis
- K.Gul, et, al (2018) “Do Investors Herd with Industries or Markets? Evidence from Pakistan Stock Exchange” Submitted at South Asian Journal of Management Sciences
- K,Gul et al, 2018. “Human Resource Implications of CPEC” (Accepted and reviewed for South East Asian Journal (ISI Indexed) will be published in 2018 issue
- K.Gul, et al “Un-banking in Under developing Countries” Journal of Business Studies JBS Vol.13 Issue.2, December 2017)
- K,Gul (2017) “Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Automobile Assemblers Listed in Pakistan Stok Exchange (PSX)” Journal of Business Strategies, Vol.11, No.2, 2017, pp 125–140
- K.Gul, et al, 2017. ” Home bound working women and organizational efficiency of developing economy” International Journal of Experiential Learning & Case Studies” 2:1 (June 2017) pp. 01-18
- B.Ansari, K.Gul, (2017) “Effects of External Shocks on monetary policy of Pakistan” ADRJ Journal” “Al-Dar Research Journal for Sustainability”
- K.Gul, et al, 2017, ‘Sustainability of Family Owned Business: An Empirical Evidence from Family Owned Businesses” (Accepted as full paper presentation at the 30th IBIMA International Conference, Nov 2017, Madrid, Spain Austria. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6.
- K.Gul, et al, 2017, Attributes of Employee Engagement” (Accepted as full paper presentation at the 30th IBIMA International Conference, Nov 2017, Madrid, Spain Austria. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6.
- K.Gul, et al, 2017, “Account holder’s behavior on imposition of withholding tax on banking transactions in Pakistan” Accepted as full paper presentation at the 29th IBIMA International Conference, May 2017, Vienna, Austria. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6.
- K.Gul, et al, 2017. “Human Resource Implications of CPEC” (Accepted as full paper presentation at the 29th IBIMA International Conference, May 2017, Vienna, Austria. Indexed by Thomas Reuters, ISI and Scopus. ISBN: 978-0-9860419-7-6.
- K.Gul, et al, 2017. .”Home bound working women and organizational efficiency of developing economy” ( Presented at ICIETBM Conference held in Karachi at IQRA University on 20th May 2017.
- K.Gul, et al, 2017, “Un-banking in Under developing Economies” (Presented at 10th NACOMSS 2017 National Research Conference at Institute of Business and Technology 15th April, 2017)
Hobbies: Reading, Research, Research Writing, Painting, Drawing, Active on Social network, Personal grooming,
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Office,Room – CBM Building, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – “”