Kausar Saeed is an Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing. She has done MS in Management Sciences and currently she is pursuing her PhD in Management Sciences. Kausar possesses a diversified experience of corporate, academic, entrepreneurial and developmental sector. Kausar Saeed has served in various organizations at different positions including Aga Khan Foundation, Interflow Communications and Gtz. Kausar Saeed is an experienced academic, researcher and consultant in the field marketing and management. Kausar Saeed is currently a permanent faculty member at the Institute of Business Management. At IoBM, Kausar teaches business research and various marketing courses to graduate and under graduate level. In corporate Sector Kausar Saeed has worked on a countrywide research project of Indus Motors, Getz Pharma, Ernst and Young, Reckitt and Bannister , Charter for Compassion and The Aga Khan University and Hospital. Kausar Saeed is a trainer in EMEC conducting training’s on NPO Management Course in collaboration with The Asia Foundation and US Aid.At Aga Khan Foundation Kausar Saeed served as Manager Capacity Development where besides leading unit activities her job entailed designing, developing and delivering capacity development interventions to build human and institutional capacities of development sector organizations in Pakistan. Kausar Saeed conducted number of training’s in Human Resource Development, Project Management and Brand Building of NGOs.
Art beat, an advertising agency, was a successful entrepreneurial venture that was initiated and managed by Kausar after spending five years at Interflow Communications as Manager Client Service. Art beat was a full service agency catering for all the communication needs of its clients. Major clients included National Highway Authority, Pearl Continental Hotels, Rawalpindi and Bhurban, Marriot Hotel, Mobilink, Continental Foods, UNHCR etc.Kausar served in Interflow communications as Manager Client services where her experience includes business development, gathering information regarding industry, competition, and customer product or service, building customer relationships, devising creative and media strategies for the clients. During the tenure Kausar negotiated and collaborated with Brand Managers and Account partners to create and customize programs that improve sell-through for their target markets. Kausar Saeed was known for building strong partnerships with internal and external customers. As a manager she was not only responsible for the clients but also involved in for planning ahead, find best strategies, decide and implement, agree targets and objectives, monitor and control progress, evaluate performance, carry out appraisal and target-setting interviews.
Kausar has taught as Visiting Faculty member in leading universities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi including Quaid-e-Azam University, Comsats, Preston Institute of Management Science And Technology, Bahria University, Hamdard University, University of Arid Agriculture and she was an approved Supervisor for research thesis of Fatima Jinnah Women University
Manager Capacity Development at Civil Society Resource Centre,
A project of Aga Khan Foundation.
Responsible for leading all unit activities including designing, developing and delivering capacity development interventions to build human and institutional capacities of development sector organisations in Pakistan.Responsibilities include
- Looking after CIDA and DFID funded projects that pertain to capacity development interventions.
- Designing the annual training calendar(s) and supervising delivery of training workshops.
- Leading customized capacity development interventions for various organizations. In two years 17 trainings were delivered to UNESCO, Intercooperation, NOWPD(P) and NWFP Forest Department.
- Periodic reporting documentation of projects for Monitoring and Evaluation purpose in collaborating with AKF (P) Civil Society Program.</li
Assistant Professor in COMSATS Institute of Information & Technology (CIIT)
Visiting Faculty in the leading universities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi
- Quaid-e-Azam University.(Department of Administrative Sciences (1999-2004)
- Preston Institute of Management Science And Technology (PIMSAT).
- Dr. A.Q.Khan Institute of Technology (2002-2004)
- Bahria University, Islamabad Campus.(2002-2004)
- Hamdard University, Islamabad Campus.(2000-2004)
- University of Arid Agriculture. (University Institute of Management Sciences, 1999-2004)
- Approved Supervisor for research thesis of Fatima Jinnah Women University.
Managing Partner of “Artbeat”, a full-service advertising agency catering to promotional needs of clients. The clients maximized key opportunities through a combination of strategic analysis, knowledge of dynamic consumer opinion, precise messaging, innovative media deployment and compelling creatives that drove sales. ‘Artbeat’ thrived because its clients enjoyed positive results. Major clients included National Highway Authority, Pearl Continental Hotels, Rawalpindi and Bhurban, Marriot Hotel, Mobilink, Continental Foods, UNHCR etc.
I was the head of marketing. I worked on simple motto “Listen to your clients, understand their wants and needs, and respond as quickly and appropriately as possible.” And the results showed I was successful in implementing it.
Manager Client Service in Interflow Communications, a leading Advertising Agency of the country.
Experience includes business development, gathering information regarding industry, competition, and customer product or service, building customer relationships, devising creative and media strategies for the clients. During the tenure I negotiated and collaborated with Brand Managers and Account partners to create and customize programs that improve sell-through for their target markets. I was known for building strong partnerships with internal and external customers. As a manager I was not only responsible for the clients but also involved in for planning ahead, find best strategies, decide and implement, agree targets and objectives, monitor and control progress, evaluate performance, carry out appraisal and target-setting interviews for three executives working in my department.
Marketing Executive for M/s Dar International dealing in Cellular technology, U.P.S. & Industrial Cleaners. The work was to plan and implement the promotional campaigns for the firm.
Project officer for Energy Education with G.T.Z., a German N.G.O. in Peshawar. My responsibilities included designing and supervising courses for energy education for rural women and children. Training, monitoring & evaluation of performance of department staff and assisting expatriates in operational activities.
Assistant Manager Planning and Coordination with Escort Group of Companies in Lahore.
I have been conducting training courses and seminars in Pakistan Postal Staff College, Export Promotion Bureau and Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad. I am also involved in the training of Executives at Business Support Center at IoBM Karachi.
Trainer for Resource Mobilization for a joint venture of US Aid, Asia Foundation, Comsats and IoBM.
- A Nationwide Research study for Indus Motors
Customer Perceptions And Behaviors—- A Study Of Toyota, Honda And Suzuki Car Owners
- Re positioning of Olcuf , A study on the cough syrup of Getz Pharma
- Pharmacy Detailing Program of Reckitt and Benckiser
- Re positioning of Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Haider as an HR service provider
- Customer Satisfaction survey of ICI
- Training program of Mumkin by Charter of Compassion
- Saeed. Kausar (2010), A marketing Strategy for promoting Hala Pottery
- Saeed. Kausar (2012), Celebrity Endorser’s Influence on Consumer Brand Preference, Pakistan Business Review, Volume 14, Number 2.
- Saeed Kausar (2015), Gaps in Marketing Competencies between Employers’ Requirements and Graduates Marketing Skills, Pakistan Business Review, Volume 17, Number 1
- Saeed. Kausar (2015), Brand Failure & Product Life Cycle: Descriptive Analyses, Science International journal, Publications International Lahore, Pakistan.Volume 27 and issue no. 5, ISSN 1013-5316 ImpactFactor http://scienceimpactfactor.com, IF=0.75
- Saeed, K., & Siddiqui, K. A. (2016). Brands Failure: Factor Analytic Findings. Journal of Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior, 1(3).
- Saeed, K & Siddiqui K.A (2016). Influence of Customer’s Loyalty-Satisfaction Link on Services Usage Journal of Marketing Management and Consumer Behavior, Vol. 1, Issue 2 (2016) 22-31
- Saeed, K & Rashdi. Z (2017). Essential Employability skills for marketing careers- Gap Analysis of Education and Profession. Pakistan Business Review. Volume 19, N0 2.
Participation in National / International Conferences:
- Effect of Celebrity Endorser on Consumer Brand Preference, 18th National Research Conference 2011 on Management ,Social Sciences and Economics, SZABIST NRC 90 Clifton Karachi Pakistan,
- “Identifying Gaps between Marketing Competencies Students Learn At Business Schools and Those Required At Job”, British Academy of Management Conference 2013 at Aintree Racecourse ground, Liverpool, September 10-12.
- Saeed, Kausar (2015), Essential Employability Skills in Marketing Careers: Gap Analysis of Education and Profession, Conference Proceedings, SIBR Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 2223-5078).SIBR 2015 Kuala Lumpur Conference on Interdisciplinary Business & Economics Research, February 16-17 , 2015 Federal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- Saeed, Kausar (2015) Brand Failure & Product Life Cycle: Descriptive Analyses, 5th International Multidisciplinary Conference, Imperial College Of Business Studies, Lahore. ISSN 1013-5316 : CODEN : SINTE 8
- Saeed, K & Siddiqui K.A (2016). Influence of Customer’s Loyalty-Satisfaction Link on Services Usage, Conference Proceedings, 19th EBES Conference – Istanbul May 26-28, 2016, Istanbul, Turkey. Hosted by Istanbul Technical University – Faculty of Management Department of Economics
- Saeed,K & Siidiqui K.A (2016) Tactics to save brands from permanent failure, 3 rd International Conference on Marketing Theme: Bottom of Pyramid: Emerging Markets in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia December 19 – 20, 2016
- Saeed,K & Siddiqui K.A (2016), Animations in TVCs: Content Analytic Findings from Pakistan, The 3rd International Conference on Organization and Management (ICOM ) 2017, Park Rotana, Abu Dhabi, UAE, November 19-20, 2017
- COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Brand Stewardship, conducted by Ogilvy & Mather in Sri Lanka.
- Professional Empowerment, conducted by K.Z.R. in Islamabad.
- Create or evaporate, a workshop arranged by Inter flow Communications in Karachi.
- International Talent Management by Nutshell.
- Human Resource Strategy Forum by Nutshell.
- Case studies on leading Brands by Revelations.
- The Secrets of Superior Service & Partnership Power by Ron Kaufman.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Programme on Case Method of Teaching at LUMS Lahore.
- Workshop on Management, Leadership & Change.
- Uplifting Service by Ron Kaufman.
- Customer Experience Summit 2016
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No.” “, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – “244”