Muhammad Asif Khan holds an M.A in English Literature and an MA in English Linguistics from the University of Karachi. He has also done his MBA in HRM from IoBM. In addition, he holds an M Phil degree in Education from Iqra University. Currently, he is pursuing his PhD from the Institute of Business Management. He has rich experience of teaching English and communication related subjects to various categories of students ranging from Intermediate and A-levels to BBA and MBA. His areas of interest include Interpersonal Skills, Business Communication and Training and Development. He is a recipient of the Group Study Exchange Program Fellowship 2010 for Nebraska, USA, hosted by the Rotary Foundation, International. His research interests include literature, communication and education related areas of human resource management. He is the Literary Editor of the Pakistan Business Review an HEC approved, Y category research journal published by the Institute of Business Management.
|2013||PhD in Education Management from IoBM (In Progress)|
|2012||MPhil in Education Management from Iqra University, Karachi|
|2007||MBA in HRM from College of Business Management, IoBM, Karachi
Majors : Training & Development, Public Relations Performance Appraisal, Salary & Compensation
|1999||Masters in English Linguistics from University of Karachi|
|1997||Masters in English Literature from University of Karachi|
- Assistant Professor Communication Skills, Communication Department, Institute of Business Management. 2011 to date
- Lecturer in English, Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan, 2000 – 2001
- Vice Principal & Lecturer in English, Army Public College, Malir Cantt., Karachi, 1998 – 2000
- External Moderator for Sukkar IBA since 2012
- QEC External Moderator for COMMECS Institute
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING PROJECT
Student: Muhammad Asif Khan (Key Learner)
Project title: SFL (Introduction to Systemic Functional Linguistics)
PILOT PROJECT, Feb 2017-to Octo
Supervisor: Dr. Carmel Cloran, Professor Zakia Sarwar
Status: SPONSORED BY ASFLA, AUSTRALIA AND SPELT, PAKISTAN
- Communication and Language
- English Literature
- Human Resource Management practices related to Education
- Experiential Learning
- Teaching through classical literature
- Teaching through communicative approach (Skits)
CONFERENCES (presentations, talks, colloquium, etc.)
- Khan, M. A, & Omar, S. (2018), Teaching of Business Communication through Experiential Learning. 03rd International Conference on Experiential Learning-18, 2018(APMP)
- Khan, M. A, & Omar, S. (2018), The Twin Cycle of Experiential learning in a Business School of Pakistan. 34th SPELT International Conference 2018(APMP)
- 32ndSPELT Conference, Expanding ELT Horizons, Habib University, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi. 2016.
- 1st International Conference on Social Science and Humanities, Istanbul, Turkey, 8-10 September 2014.
- Session Chair at the 1st International Conference on Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, Turkey, Istanbul, September 2014.
- Literary Editor, Pakistan Business Review
- Khan, M. A. & Hussain, N., (2017). “Perception of Organizational Politics among University Faculty”(Published in Pakistan Business Review-July 2016 Issue vol. 19, No. 2, pg. 301-318) (AAS) (PRJ)
- Khan, M.A. & Hussain, N. (2016). Perception of organizational politics among university faculty. Pakistan Business Review,18(2): 451-467.
- Khan, M.A. (2013). Self interested articulation of feminist values: A Randain analysis of two classical anti heroines in the 19th Century British Empire. Pakistan Business Review,15(2): 301-318.
- Khan, M.A. (2012). A comparative study of Hester Prynne vis-à-vis Anna Karenina illustrating Puritanical moral decline. Pakistan Business Review,13(4): 706-727.
- Khan, M.A. (2009). Shakespeare’s Shylock: A forerunner to the inherent repressiveness of Capitalism. Pakistan Business Review,11( 2) 276-291.
- One day training on Business Communication, IBA Sukkar, August 2015.
- 12 week training on Communication Skills for background check.
- Two day training on Learning and Teaching EAP Writing, SPELT, 17 & 24 December 2016.
- One day training on Clubs instead of Classrooms at IoBM, 15 December 2016.
- 5 day training workshop Train the Trainer organized by School of Leadership at the IoBM, 2003.
- Attended a four day workshop on “SSK Faculty Excellence Program” February 02, 19, 20 & 22, 2018.
- A two day training on Learning and Teaching EAP Writing at SPELT, December 17 & 24 2016.
- A one day training on Clubs instead of Classrooms at IoBM, December 15, 2016.
- A 5 day training workshop Train the trainerorganized by School of leadership at the IoBM.
- A one day workshop on Research Methodology organized by Management Excellence Center April 7, 2012
- A one day workshop on Experiential Learning in Business Education at IoBM on February 6, 2013
- A two day training on Innovative Teaching Techniques at IoBM, April 22 & 23, 2013
- Part of the Group Study Exchange Program (GSE) of the Rotary International, that visited the State of Nebraska, USA during the month of August 2011
- Member SPELT 2017
- Professional links committee : Lead Member
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No. 322, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – “336 ”