M. Asim Khan received his MBA from Karachi University Business School, M.Com from University of Karachi and currently pursuing M.Phil leading to PhD program. He is currently serving as Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance department. He has served Siemens Pakistan, Shaheen Air International and Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan in in Commercial, corporate planning and education management capacities for more than fourteen years. He had also been associated with several prestigious institutions as a visiting faculty member for more than ten years. His areas of interest for research include management accounting practices and diversifying learning strategies.
|In process||M.Phil||Karachi University Business School|
|2008||MBA||Karachi University Business School|
Academic Experience/Teaching Experience
|2015- to-date||Senior Lecturer||CBM, IoBM|
|2013 – 2014||Visiting Faculty||CBM, KUBS, IQRA|
|2011 – 2012||Senior Lecturer||Bahria University|
|2009 – 2010||Visiting Faculty||KUBS, CAMS, DACB|
|2005 – 2008||Lecturer||IoBM|
|2001 – 2005||HOD, Commerce||Aga Khan Education Service, Pakistan|
|2000 – 2001||Asst. Manager Corporate Planning||Shaheen Air International|
|1997 – 2000||Commercial Executive, ECS department||Siemens Pakistan|
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Nutshell Conference, Corporate Pakistan Group & Jang Media Group in strategic partnership with (OICCI) Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce & Industry at Movenpick Hotel, Karachi, Pakistan in November 2018.
- Jointly organized a conference of Islamic Banking & Finance in November 2018.
- Workshop on “BOOT CAMP” conducted by Dr. Samra Javaid in August 2018.
- Attended a program “NUDGE THEORY” conducted by Dr. Tariq Bashir.
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- October 24 & 25, 2017: Nutshell Conference, Corporate Pakistan Group & Jang Media Group in strategic partnership with (OICCI) Overseas Investors Chamber of Commerce & Industry at Movenpick Hotel, Karachi, Pakistan.
- October 16,2017: Block chain at IoBM
- “Clubs instead of classrooms” by Mr. Salman Siddiqui at EMEC.
- Faculty success DNA” by Dr. Bozai at EMEC
- “Program on Reading & writing” by Khurram Ali Shafiq, website portal: marghdeen.com at EMEC
- “Program on financial Markets dynamics on prominent sectors of Pakistan” by Khalique-uz-Zaman & Yawar Mehdi at EMEC
- ” Blue Ocean Strategy” by Mr. Javaid Ahmed at EMEC
- “Research Journals Classification” at EMEC
- “Developing a Faculty Brand” by Ejaz Wasey” at EMEC
- “The state of Pakistan’s Economy: Issues & challenges in the 21st centur”y by Department of Economics, College of Eco. & social Development, IoBM.
- “Strategic Visions” A faculty development workshop, topic by Dr. Irfan Hyder
- “CBM Strategy & Projects” by Dr. Irfan Hyder at EMEC
- Has spend a long time in several community development programs from the platform of international organizations i.e. establishing a school for the less privileged children, holding free medical camps, and distribution of ration on bi-monthly basis in the remote and suburban areas of Sind.
- A six days program of leadership for the youth at Pakistan Junior Chamber International.
Conducted several Programs / discussions / workshops
- A one day workshop “Class room management” at Lions Club International, District 305 S1.
- A workshop “How to be a good teacher” at Pakistan Junior Chamber International.
- A program “ Your erroneous zones” arranged at Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan
Teach Accounting and finance related courses i.e.
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Institutions
- Business finance
- Management accounting, Financial decision making, stock markets etc.
- Introduced two new electives of Commercial and Retail banking compatible with the banking sector requirements in particular and other areas in general i.e. securities and corporate finance.
- Practice sessions were introduced to keep students in direct touch with the class rooms’ lectures and have a firm grip on the subject material.
Research & Publications
- A second research paper “Impact of Dividend policy on stock price volatility” is ready to be submitted in some research journal.
- A research paper “Assessing the Role of Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Price Volatility – Case of Pakistan Stock Exchange has been published in Pakistan Business review in January 2018.
|Chairman membership extension||Lions Club International|
|Chapter President||Pakistan Junior Chamber International|
- Member of PIPFA_ Pakistan Institute of Public finance Accountants.