Sheikh Muhammad Irfan, Assistant Professor Communication Skills is a PhD Scholar at IoBM. He earned his M.Phil degree from Iqra University and his M.A in English Literature and Linguistics degree from the National University of Modern Languages. He has been teaching for almost 20 years at different universities and educational institutes including the University of Karachi, Allama Iqbal Open University and PAF-KIET. He has been associated with IoBM since 2009. He is heading the Literary and Public Speaking Society (LPSS) of IoBM as a Faculty Adviser since 2012. As a researcher, his areas of interest include education, language and business communication. He had been conducting teacher training workshops at Allama Iqbal Open University, Karachi. He has attended different international conferences, workshops and seminars as a member of Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers (SPELT) and Pakistan Association for Research in Education (PARE), Karachi.
- PhD Education, Institute of Business Management
- Phil, Iqra University
- MA English Literature and Linguistics, National University of Modern
- Languages (NUML)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Karachi.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) , Hamdard University
- Assistant Professor, IoBM (Institute of Business Management), Karachi, 2016 to date
- Senior Lecturer, IoBM, 2009 – 2016
- Lecturer, PAF–KIET (PAF-Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology), 2006 – 2009
- Visiting Faculty, University of Karachi, 2006 – 2009
- Communication and Language
- Website “Webell” for ELT and research (http://www.webell.my-php.net/)
- Irfan, S. M., Hussain, N. (2014). Parental pressure on students’ attainment of high grades. Pakistan Business Review. 16(1), 156 – 176.
- Irfan, S. (2007). Identity and violence: The illusion of density’. Amartya Sen, Book Review, Market Forces, 3(3).
- Challenges Faced by an NGO in Retaining Public School Students at Primary Level at the 2nd Education Conference, IoBM.
WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS and TRAININGS
- Organization of 2nd National Education Conference, IoBM
- Conducted teachers training workshops, Allama Iqbal Open University, (AIOU), Karachi on the following topics:
- Modes of Education
- Distance Learning
- Curriculum Development
- Certificate course in‘Training to Teach English for Specific Purposes’, Aga Khan University
- PARE ( Pakistan Association for Research in Education )
- SPELT ( Society of Pakistan English Language Teachers)