Muzaffar Ali received his M.Com, M.Ed and B.Ed from University of Karachi, and currently pursuing M.Phil leading to PhD program. He is currently serving as Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance department. Prior to becoming an accounting and finance academic, he worked with several corporate sector companies in shipping and manufacturing and automobile sector in accounting and finance capacities for seven years. He has also served Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan and Fatimiyah Education Network as Head of the department for a total of more than eighteen years. He has also served abroad, in Ministry of education Maldives for several years where he also served as a convener of accounting and finance department Male City. He has also been associated with several universities as a visiting faculty member for more than twelve years. His teaching interests are in accounting and finance related courses and research interests include capital markets, analysis and forecasts related to corporate accounting and financial markets.
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) In progress Iqra University
- Master of Commerce(M.Com) University of Karachi
- Master of Education (M.Ed) University of Karachi
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) University of Karachi
- ACMA (partly qualified) ICMAP
|January 2019 to date||Senior Lecturer, Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management|
|2006 – 2018||Head of Department of commerce– FEN||Institute of Business Management|
|2002 – 2006||HOD- Commerce at Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan (AKES’P)
Foreign Teaching Experience
|Institute of Business Management|
|1997– 20001||Coordinator Accounting Department at Majeediyah School, Male, Maldives||Newport Institute|
Visiting Faculty Member (2005 to 2018)
Associated with several renowned institutions
||Institute of Business Management||Visiting Faculty|
|Iqra University||Visiting Faculty|
|Karachi University Business School (KUBS)||Visiting Faculty|
|Defence Authority College of Business (BACB)||Visiting Faculty|
|College of Accounting and Management Sciences (CAMS)||Visiting Faculty|
|1993 –1995||Accounts Manager||Accounts Manager|
|1995 – 1997||Accounts Manager||Universal Navigations & Trading Pvt. Ltd.|
- Designing Accounting software for Galaxy construction pvt Ltd.
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- July 07-30, 2016: workshop on Stress Management
- July 20, 2016: Work shop on Class room Management
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- International Conference of diversified learning, August 11-13, 2004. AKESP Karachi.
- Class Room Management Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan 08-12-06 09-12-06
Intel Teach to the Future Program Aga Khan Education Service Pakistan
He teaches all the core course of accounting & finance courses.
He is interested in research on Behavioral Finance
- Served as Superintendent for Board of Intermediate Education Karachi (BIEK) for a decade.
- Co Examiner at Karachi University.
- Excel based teaching
- Reading oriented classes
- Experiential Learning Projects
Computer Literacy / Skills
- In depth working knowledge of MS Office and Excel.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication ability.
- Designed the curriculum and SLO’s of accounting for Aga khan education board.
- Course lead for Advanced financial accounting, Financial Accounting and Intermediate financial Accounting
- British council
- Governing body member – SSPS education system Karachi.
- Muhammadi welfare society for blood
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – ” ”