Noman Mahmood is a Full-Time Faculty and PhD Research Scholar in Entrepreneurship department at IoBM. He did his MBA from PAF-KIET and is currently pursuing PhD Business Management from IoBM. He played an intrapreneurial and instrumental role in the diversification of IoBM by developing an entirely new BS Entrepreneurship degree program. He also played an integral part in the development of BS Social Entrepreneurship degree program at IoBM. Over a number of years he has also facilitated numerous socially deprived people, mentored aspiring and existing entrepreneurs by helping them setup their own small businesses or by helping them enhance their already existing business setups through strategic and tactical counselling.
He currently teaches Small Business, Guerrilla Strategies and Marketing Tactics, Design Thinking, Entrepreneurial Leadership and Social Advocacy at IoBM to BS, BBA and MBA students. Previously he was involved in the Marketing Department of IoBM as a Research Fellow, where he taught Marketing Principles and Marketing Management. He also taught Management Principles and Corporate Social Responsibility under the HR and Management department. His research interests include Entrepreneurial Strategies, Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Community Operations, Language Strategies, Work-Life balance, Creativity and Design Thinking.
|Doctorate||PhD Research Scholar (Business Management) at Institute of Business Management||2015 Present|
|Masters||MBA from Pakistan Air Force – Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology in Marketing||2012 – 2013|
|Bachelors||BBA-4 from Pakistan Air Force – Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology in Marketing||2008 – 2012|
|Faculty||Institute of Business Management||
||January 2017 – Present|
|PhD Research Fellow||Institute of Business Management||
||September 2015 – January 2017|
|Visiting Faculty||Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology (PAF KIET)||
||January 2014 – December 2015|
|O-Level Faculty||The City School (TCS)||English Language||August 2013 – June 2014|
PhD Thesis Topic:
- Creative Intensity – Relationship between frequency of creativity and degree of creativity.
As a consequence of strong market competition and continuous increase in the rate of failure of new products, firms have an ever increasing confusion of how to know the extent to which their products are positioned as creative in the minds of consumers (Xu & Peterson, 2013; Ellis, 2017). Creativity can be the best source for competitive advantage (Batey, 2011). The lack of detailed, measurable, and perceptual models to capture the perception of product creativity has resulted in lack of understanding of how creative a certain product is and how to capture the “wow” factor for consumers (Ellis, 2017; Salvendy & Horn, 2006).
Creativity is explored as a product-level variable. The concept of creative intensity is introduced to capture both the degree and amount of creativity evidenced in a product. A positioning grid is also introduced to position creative intensity in order to understand the creative advantage amongst different products.
Other research areas:
- Entrepreneurial Strategies
- Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Community Operations
- Language Strategies
- Work-Life balance
- Creativity and Design
- Designed and implemented a 4-year BS Entrepreneurship Program at CBM, IoBM in Fall 2017:
The BS Entrepreneurship Program is designed to take the students through various stages of entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial process whose end product would be a functioning enterprise. The program is designed to develop thought leaders with entrepreneurial spirit that can lead to the creation of new ventures within and outside existing enterprises. After completing the program, students would have designed, launched and managed their entrepreneurial ventures through the stages of ideation, networking, experimentation, execution, breakeven, growth, and investment. Students would have explored each of these stages through multiple courses using the project based learning approach. Graduates of this program will be job creators and not job-seekers, they would have the experience of coming out of the comfort zone, and to practice creativity, innovation and design with real projects, real entrepreneurs, and in real-life environments.
BS Entrepreneurship is a co-creation (collaborative effort and outcome) of the following entrepreneurial individuals:
- Industry Advisors:Saif Akhtar (CEO, 10xC)
Faisal Bin Badar (FB Badar Consultancy)
Umair Sani (Co-Founder, BizFactory)
- Internal Advisors:
Noman Mahmood (Faculty, CBM)
Omar Javaid (Faculty, CBM)
Dr Irfan Hyder (Dean, CBM)For further details, please visit:
Entrepreneurship Centre at: https://cbm.iobm.edu.pk/cbm-organization/entrepreneurship-center/
BS Entrepreneurship directly at: https://cbm.iobm.edu.pk/bachelor-programs/bs-entrepreneurship/
- Javaid, O., Mahmood, N., & Shamsi, A. (Accepted for Publication in 2018). The Loss in Meaning: Influence of Strategy Language’s and Modern Financial Discourse on the Working Concepts in Islamic Banking and Finance. Pakistan Business Review (X- Category).
- Khan, M. M., Mahmood, N., & Jalees, T., (Accepted for Publication in 2018). Perceived Usefulness of Mobile and Mobile Advertising: Understanding Relationship through Structural Approach. Global Management Journal for Academic and Corporate Studies, 7(2). (Bahria University, HEC Recognized (Y-Category Journal)
- Mahmood, N.,Khan, M. M., & Mujahid, A., Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Performance – A Structural Equation Modelling Approach. Under review in NUML International Journal of Business & Management (Y-Category Journal)
- Mahmood, N., & Jalees, T. (Under Peer Review Selection). Structural Approach to Smartphone Usage and Behaviors. Social Forces (Impact Factor: 1.736).
- Mahmood, N., Khan, M. M., & Mujahid, A., Workplace Spirituality and Organizational Performance in a Learning Organization – A Structural Equation Modelling Approach. (Work in progress)
- Mahmood, N., & Jalees, T. (2016). (Presented at International Conference on Innovation and Emerging Trends in Business Management (ICIEBM), June 4th-5th, 2016
- Khan, M. M., Mahmood, N., Mujahid, A. & Jalees, T. (2016). Perceived Usefulness Mobile and Mobile Advertising: Understanding the Relationship through Structural Approach (Presented at MAJU ICBM 2016, 16th-18th December, 2016)
- Self-Exploration: Here students were given the idea of epistemocracy and asked to brainstorm about the epistemological difference between you and yours so that they are helped in reaching and exploring their self.
- Thought Provoking Questions: In this workshop, participants were asked epistemological and ontological questions randomly and then were channelized towards a set of answers in the form of discussions
- SSK Faculty Excellence Program by Dr. Gazan Bozai held at IoBM, Karachi Module 1, 2, 3 & 4 in February, 2018
- Faculty Success DNA by Dr. Ghazanfer Bozai, held at EMEC, IoBM, Karachi on 21st – 22nd August, 2017
- Strategic Vision by Dr. Irfan Hyder held in EMEC , IoBM on 24th May, 2016
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Concepts, Tools & Application at IoBM By Mr. Javaid Ahmed held in EMEC, IoBM on 25th May, 2016
- Business Balanced Scorecard: Concepts, Tools & Application at IoBM by Mr. M. Ekhlaque Ahmed held in EMEC, IoBM on 26th May, 2016
- Publishing in ISI Impact Factor Journals by Mr. Nawaz Ahmad held in EMEC, IoBM on 30th May, 2016
- Developing a Faculty Brand: By Mr. Ejaz Wasay held in EMEC, IoBM on 31st May, 2016
The Contemplators, Founder and Administrator of the Society at PAF-KIET, 2009-11
Aimed at developing:
- Thinkers and writers, so that alternative viewpoints and cognitions can be encouraged, expressed and delivered across to those who are prone to the status quo, inasmuch to steer the curiosity and independent thinking among others.
- Readers, so as to broaden the thinking horizons, increase awareness about the history and current affairs.
- Thought Leaders and Visionaries, so that they have a concrete scope of what things are required from them to be done in future for the country.
SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS
- Scholarship holder in MBA
- Member of IoBM Marketing Research Group
- Member of IoBM Entrepreneurship Research Group
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
Cbm Building: Second Floor, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 384