Shagufta Ghauri, Assistant Professor – Management and HR department, holds and MPhil degree in Business Management and is also a PhD scholar. She has done her initial education from the Sophia Convent, Ajmer Rajasthan, India. She has been associated with the Institute of Business Management since the past 14 years and apart from teaching she also serves as the Patron and faculty advisor to one of the most sought after societies at IoBM, the Strategic Human Resource Society (SHRS).
Shagufta holds a vast experience of 22 years in academia, serving as the Principal, Headmistress, Visiting Faculty and Trainer in various notable institutions. She is also an honorary member to the Pakistan Education Council and has written many research papers on the subject of Business Management. She is also one of the founding members of The Froebel School, Karachi.
Shagufta strongly believes that apart from training and teaching, it is utmost essential to imbibe in them the values and knowledge which can make them stand out as an individual, so that they can benefit the society in the best possible way.
- PhD Scholar—————Institute of Business Management
- MPhil———————– Institute of Business Management
Permanent Faculty Member
- Institute of Business Management Sep 2006 – To date
- BIZTEK Feb 2005 – Aug, 2006 (Adjunct Faculty)
- Conducted workshop on Writing workshop
- Conducted seminar on Competitive writing
- Conducted seminar on how to appear in interview.
- Organized Student’s week Every Semester.
- Organized Basant Mela/Bahar Mela.
- Organized Number of Musical Functions.
Visiting Faculty Member
- Institute Of Business Management (IoBM)-Jan 2004 – Jan 2005
- Asian Institute of Fashion Design (IQRA,University)
- Visiting faculty at PIMSAT from January 2004.
- Visiting Faculty at PAF-KIET.
- Pioneer member and worked in The Froebel’s School as Headmistress. Conducted workshop for Teachers in the Froebel’s School from 1998 to 2003.
- Worked as Asst: Principal from August 1995 to March 1998 in Karachi International School.
Worked as English Language Teacher for Senior Students from Jan 1993 to July 1995 at Karachi International School.
- Launched Strategic Human Resource Society at IOBM.
- Faculty Advisor of SHRS Society from 2008 till to date.
- Creek High School Representative at CBM.
- Conducted event organized by Entrepreneurship Society on “Bullz Eye-Career Proposals” held in March 2010.
- Co-advisor to Management Society.
- Logistics support provided in the 1st Management Conference held on 10th
- Invigilated the KMDC test held at IOBM.
- Organized Zenith (Jan) 2010 & 2011with SHRS.
- Organized guest speaker session: A.C. Nielsen Pakistan with SHRS.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2012.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2013.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2014.
- Worked on the development of Management manual under Benazir Bhutto Shaheed Youth Development Project (2014).
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2015.
- Organizing Member of 5th International Conference on Business Management held at IoBM- 2015.
- Member of the organizing committee for International Conference on Women in Development, November 2015 as part of 20yearscelebration of Io
- Organized Zenith Youth Convention 2016.
- Manager Colloquium of IoBM- AMDIP Faculty Colloquium held at IoBM on November 23-24, 2016.
- Organized Zenith Youth Convention 2017.
- Manager Colloquium of 2nd IoBM- AMDIP Faculty Colloquium held at IoBM on September 23-24, 2017.
- Organized Zenith Leadership& Development Conference 2018 on Jan 27&28, 2018.
- Member of the organizing committee for Deans and Directors Conference, scheduled on Feb 5&6, 2018.
- Organizational Behaviour
Shagufta Ghauri keeps on bringing new learning methodologies and introduces innovative techniques for the fast pace business environment. She strive to develop such skill set amongst students so that they themselves become innovators to provide the new and improved solutions to meet the challenges faced by the organizations and also prepared themselves for this ever changing world and work force.
She focuses on creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration which are essential for student to prepare for upcoming challenges. Some of these ways include:
- Case studies from national and international organizations.
- Research based projects.
- Using Seminar approach for interactive sessions.
- Community development projects as Term Assignments in groups.
- Organizational leaders as Guest speakers sharing their journey with young aspiring managers.
- Mind Mapping Technique for class room sessions.
- Industry Visit for Practical Exposure and Experimental Learning
· Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2017, in process). Impact of Creative Organizational Climate on Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Public and Private Universities Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, HEC recognized X category.
· Ghauri, S., Dr. Tariq Jalees (2016).Influence of Organizational Culture on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention :A Study on the Private Universities of Pakistan. Market Forces. ISSN 1816-8434.
· Ghauri, S., (2015).The Impact of Procedural Justice on Organizational Commitment, promotion Decision and Intent to leave the organization. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706 .
· Ghauri, S., (2014). A case study on: Intrinsic motivation effect on learning in Private Business School in Karachi .Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, October 2014.
· Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2013). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, Volume.15, No 1 pg765-779, HEC recognized X category, January 2013
· Ghauri, S., Ayub, N., (2011). The Relationship between Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction. Pakistan Business Review. ISSN 1561-8706, July 2011
· Ghauri, S.(2016).Influence of Organizational Culture on job satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention :A Study on the Private Universities of Pakistan. Paper Presented in National Research Conference on Business Management (NRCBM-2016) held on March 6-7th ,2016 at PAF-KIET (Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology)
· Ghauri, S, (2013). Effect of Intrinsic Motivation on Student’s Learning and Perception of Organizational Behavior Course. Paper Presented in International Journal of Arts & Sciences’ (IJAS) International Conference for Academic Disciplines held on May 26th till 30th, 2013 at Harvard University, 10 Garden Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 organized by Central Connecticut State University, USA.
· Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2012). Pay Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment in Private Business University Faculty. Paper Presented in Emerging issues of Social Sciences in Pakistan held on April 27th till 29th, 2012, at HEC organized by Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
· Ghauri, S., Ayub, N, (2011). The Relationship between Work Motivation and Job Satisfaction. Paper Presented in First Annual National Conference of Business Psychology held on November 27th, 2011, in Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan
- Faculty advisor SHRS
- Student scholarship (fully paid)-MBA
- MBA(HRM) 2002- GPA 3.78, Silver medalist
- Member Pakistan Education Foundation (PEF).
- Member Academic Council PAF-KIET.
- Member Management Association of Pakistan.
- Member Marketing Association of Pakistan.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No. 420, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 302