Shakira Fareed is currently working as a lecturer in Accounting & Finance Department. She joined IoBM in August, 2016 as a Research Associate in Marketing Department. From February 2017 to December 2017 worked as research associate in Accounting & Finance Department. She also worked in academia as student councilor and secondary teacher at Groom Well School. She was the coordinator of Capstone Projects also work on capstone Database Development and Management. She is currently enrolled in the PhD (Business Management) program at IoBM having specialization in Finance. She has 1.5year of research experience. She did her MBA (Finance and Risk Management) From Institute of Business Management (IoBM) and M.A (Economics) from Karachi University.
|2015- to-date||PhD (Business Management-Finance)||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|2011-2014||MBA – (Finance & Risk Management)||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|1998-1999||MA–(Economics): Regular||Karachi University|
|Jan 2018 – Present||Lecturer||Accounting & Finance Department, Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|August 2016- Dec2017||Research Assistant||Accounting & Finance Department, Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|Feb 2016 to May 2016||Faculty||Institute of Business and Technology (IBT)|
|2006 to 2011||Teaching at secondary level||Groom-well school, Gulistan-e- Jauhar|
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Workshop on “Systematic Review” on Feb 17th ,2018
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- Seminar on “Block chain” on Oct 16, 2017
- Workshop on “Excel 1.1” on 20th October 2017
- Seminar on “PMEX” on 24th October, 2017
- Introduction to financial accounting
- intermediate financial accounting
- She is interested in research on asset pricing and public finance.
- Fareed, S. Arsalan, T., & Ayubi, S. (2017) “Bank deals with liquidity: The micro and macroeconomic determinants approach evidence of Pakistan banking Industry,” is paper published in proceedings 30th IBIMA conference 2017.
- Arsalan, T., Mahmud, M., Baig, M. A., & Fareed, S. (2017) “Determinants of Profitability in Public Banks of Pakistan” paper published in proceedings 30th IBIMA Conference 2017.
Conference Paper & Presentation:
- The impact of Facebook advertising brand equity and brand image on purchase intention” is accepted at 33rd IBIMA conference 2019 and will be presented on 10 & 11 April at Granada Spain.
- “Bank Deals With Liquidity: The Micro and Macroeconomic Determinants Approach Evidence of Pakistan banking Industry,” is accepted in 30th IBIMA conference 2017 and will be presented on 8 & 9 November at Madrid Spain.
- “Determinants of Profitability in Public Banks of Pakistan”, is accepted in 30th IBIMA conference 2017 and will be presented on 8 & 9 November at Madrid Spain.
- “The effectiveness of Facebook advertising, brand equity, and brand image on enhancing of purchase intention” NRCMB-2017 (National Research Conference on Management and Business) (SZABIST) Karachi
- “The determinants of bank liquidity” is presented on July 18-19, 2017 at International Research Conference on Business Management (IRCBM-17) at PAF KIET.
- “How Customer Relationship Management (CRM) leads to develop customer value in banking industry” Presented in MAJU International Conference on Business Management – ICBM 2016
- “Determinants of Stock Market Performance in Small Open Economy” will be presented at Iqra University – International conference ICIETBM’ 2017.
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No 412 (Cubical 4), Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 296