Sharique Ayubi holds a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi and another Master’s Degree in Economics from University of Karachi. He has done a Banking Diploma (DAIBP) from the Institute of Bankers, Karachi. Currently, he is enrolled in M.Phil (Business Management) program. Having completed the taught courses he has submitted M.Phil Thesis proposal for approval. His research interests are Financial inclusion, information asymmetry in Pakistani financial markets, regulations in banking and securities markets, and comparative management systems.
Mr. Ayubi has over 30 years of work experience (professional and teaching). His corporate experience has been in National Development Finance Corporation (NDFC), where he worked for 14 years. Before joining NDFC, Mr. Ayubi served the Applied Economics Research Centre (AERC), University of Karachi as an Office for three years. He also worked as HoD, Management Sciences and Program Coordinator at the KASB Institute of Technology for three and a half years.
|2014- In Progress||Mphil in Business Management||Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|1992||MBA -Finance||Institute of Business Administration (IBA)|
|1995||DIPLOMA IN BANKING (DAIBP)||Institute of Bankers, Karachi|
|Sept 2010 – Present||Associate Professor||Accounting & Finance Department, Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|Sept 2004 – Aug 2010||Assistant Professor||Accounting & Finance Department, Institute of Business Management (IoBM)|
|Jan. 2001 – Aug. 2004||Assistant Professor & HOD, Management Sciences||Khadim Ali Shah Bokhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT)|
|1995 – 2004||More than 22 years of teaching experience at various Institutes and Universities as visiting faculty member||SZABIST, Iqra University, BIMS, COMMECS, FAST, KASBIT, KUBS, Karachi University|
|1981 – 1984||Officer||Applied Economics Research Centre (AERC)|
|1985 – 1998||Manager – Projects (OG-1)||National Development Finance Corporation (NDFC)|
- Focal person of the committee constituted to follow-up on the MOU signed with Al Meezan Investment Management Limited to carry out review and accreditation of their in-house training program. IoBM to provide partial training support and accreditation to the Comprehensive Training Program on Mutual Funds conducted by Al Meezan Investment Management Limited for new inductees in Sales and Front Office Staff.
- Moderator and external examiner at Sukkur IBA University, Sukkur
- Panelist at Institute of Bankers (IBP) for IBP Superior Qualification (ISQ) syllabus revision. Assisting IBP in curriculum development, course design and paper setting for ISQ exams
- Peer reviewer for Research Journal of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMAP), Karachi
- Penal member for MBA Admissions Interview at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi
- One of the judges for the IBP Essay Competition, 2018, Was required to judge essays on the basis of an assessment rubric.
- Internal Reviewer for research journal, Pakistan Business Review (PBR), IoBM, Karachi.
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Workshop on Anti-Money Laundering and FATF,” conducted by Management Association of Pakistan at Hotel Marriott, Karachi, December 20, 2018
- Seminar on “Turnitin Usage & Plagiarism,” organized by ORIC-IoBM, Karachi, December 1, 2018
- Seminar on “CPEC: Challenges for SMEs,” organized by the Office of Research Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), IoBM in collaboration with SMEDA, November 27, 2018
- 12th International Conference on Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science and Statistics (MASS) organized by the College of Computer Science and Information Systems (CCSIS) at IoBM, Karachi, November 24-25, 2018
- 2nd International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance (ICIBF) organized by IoBM, Karachi, November 2-3, 2018
- A CBM Faculty Development Seminar on “The Science and Art of Learning and Teaching,” conducted by Mr. Javaid Ahmed, Senior Fellow at IoBM, Karachi, October 2018
- Business Leader’s Conference: “Gearing up for Growth: Business & Leadership Challenges,” held at Movenpick Hotel, Karachi, May 2018
- POST BUDGET SEMINAR 2018-2019, organized by the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan in collaboration with the Institute of Bankers, Pakistan, April 2018
- MAPTALK “Marketing for Good – Driving a Business with Purpose,” by Mr. Fahad Ashraf, Chief Executive, Reckitt Benckiser, Pakistan held at Movenpick Hotel, Karachi, April 2018
- Ishrat Hussain talk on his book, “Governing the Ungovernable,” at Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Aman Tower, City Campus, Karachi, March 2018
- A seminar on “Critical Perspectives on Art and Education,” at Habib University, Karachi, March 2018
- QUESTIONING SOUTH ASIA CONFERENCE, Habib University, Karachi, February 1-2, 2018
- Yoshin Lecture Series, “THE IMPORTANCE OF A BROAD EDUCATION,” presented by Dr. Maria Klawe, President, Harvey Mudd College, USA, at the Habib University, Karachi, February 20, 2018.
- QUESTIONING SOUTH ASIA CONFERENCE, Habib University, Karachi, February 1-2, 2018.
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ISLAMIC BANKING AND FINANCE, organized by Department of Accounting and Finance, IoBM, Karachi, October 2017.
- FAA Certification Programme for approval of FAP members, sponsored by Finance Accreditation Agency (FAA), Malaysia, held at IBA, Karachi, October 16-17, 2017.
- MAP TALK on “Pakistan, How it is viewed by a Japanese” with Mr. Kimihide Ando, CEO, Mitsubishi Corporation, Pakistan at Karachi Marriott, held on May 24, 2017 at Marriott, Karachi.
- MAP TALK on “Digital Marketing & Ecommerce: Opportunities for Retail Business in Pakistan.” By Mr. Badar Khushnood, Co-Founder and Partner, Bramerz, held on February 02, 2017 at Marriott, Karachi
- MAP TALK on “Financial Services Marketing Trends,” by Kamran Nasir, CEO, JS Global Capital, Ali Habib, Head Corporate Affairs and Marketing, UBL, and Mohammad Raza, SEVP & Group Head, Consumer Support, Meezan Bank, held on January 12, 2017 at Marriott, Karachi
- BUSINESS LEADERS’ CONFERENCE sponsored by IoBM, at Hotel Movenpick, Karachi, August 2017.
- 1st International Research Conference on Business Management. A two-day conference organized by Karachi Institute of Economics & Technology (PAF-KIET), Karachi, July 18-19, 2017. Presented a paper on “Determinants of Bank Liquidity.”
- Interactive session with delegation from Iran led by H.E. Dr. Muhammad Kazem Sajjadpour, Deputy Foreign Minister held on August 11, 2016 at EMEC, IoBM, Karachi.
- Interactive session with delegation from China led by Mr. Chen Gong, Founding Partner and Chief Researcher, ANBOUND held on April 23, 2016, at EMEC, IoBM, Karachi
- 5th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, organized by IoBM, Karachi, May 2015
- Workshop on CASE-BASED TEACHING organized by Learning Innovation Division, Higher Education Commission (HEC), Karachi, July 2011
- Workshop on ACTIVITY-BASED COST MANAGEMENT organized by BSC, IoBM, Karachi, June 2006
- Workshop on TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR PREPARING SKILLED TEACHERS, Business Support Centre (BSC), Institute of Business Management, Karachi, May 2005
- Panelist at Institute of Bankers (IBP) for IBP Superior Qualification (ISQ) syllabus revision. Also assist in curriculum development, course design and paper setting for ISQ exams.
- External examiner, moderator and paper setter for Sukkur Institute of Business Administration (SUK-IBA) for the last 10 years.
- Peer Reviewer for Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan’s (ICMAP) Research Journal.
- Ex-External Examiner/Paper Setter for Humanities courses at the NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi.
- Fundamentals of Accounting – I
- Fundamentals of Accounting – II
- Intermediate Accounting
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Financial Management
- Financial Institutions
- Capital & Money Markets
- Strategic Financial Analysis and Design
- Theory and Practice of Financial Management
- International Finance
- Supervising Capstone projects
- Financial Inclusion in Pakistan
- Information Asymmetry in the capital markets
- Development of Bond (Debt) market in Pakistan
- Corporate Governance
- Regulation of Banking and Securities markets
- Comparative Management
- Ayubi.S.(Accepted to be published in Jan 2020 issue) Fiscal Decentralization & Public Spending in Pakistan; An investigation of Disaggregated Data. Pakistan Business Review
- Fareed, S. Arsalan, T., & Ayubi, S. (2017) “Bank deals with liquidity: The micro and macroeconomic determinants approach evidence of Pakistan banking Industry,” is paper published in proceedings 30th IBIMA conference 2017.
- Fareed.S., Arsalan.T., Ayubi,S.,(2017).”The determinants of Bank Liquidity” presented in Conference (IRCBM 2017) at PAF –KIET-18th July 24,2017.
- My research paper on “Fiscal Decentralization and Public Spending in Pakistan: An Investigation for Dis aggregated Data” has been internally reviewed by referees.
- Currently writing a research paper captioned “Measuring Banks’ Financial Health Using Altman Z-Score Model,”
Development Program: (was awarded CIDA scholar ship to attend TOT program)
- Workshop on TEACHING STRATEGIES FOR PREPARING SKILLED TEACHERS, Business Support Center (BSC), Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi May 2005
- Workshop on ACTIVITY-BASED COST MANAGEMENT, BSc, IoBM, Karachi’ July 2005
- Workshop on PRACTICE COMPANY LAW, BSC, loBM. Karachi Feb 2006
- Workshop on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY,BSC, IoBM, Karachi May 2001
- One-day training on MICROSOFT OFFICE, loBM, Karachi May 2008
- Two-day workshop on CASH BASED TEACHING, HEC 2009
Training and Development
MASTER TRAINER for NGOs/CBOs in 2003 from the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) under the LUMS-McGill Social Enterprise Development Program (was awarded CIDA scholarship to attend Training of Trainers (TOT) Program). The LUMS-McGill Social Enterprise Development Program was a joint collaboration between LUMS and McGill University of Canada with financial support from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). The aim of the TOT program was to develop a cadre of Master Trainers to train Government Organizations and Community Based Organizations (GO/CBO) and District Social Service managers. The cost of the entire training program was sponsored by CIDA. The training program was spread over one year and consisted of 3 modules each of 2 weeks duration as under:
- Module 1: Foundation Module June 2002
- Module 2: Specialization Module Jan 2002
- Module 3: Capstone Module June 2002
- Assisting the Department in organizing Islamic Banking and Finance conferences at IoBM, This conference is sponsored and organized every year by IoBM.
- Counseling students in selecting elective courses
- Providing guidance to passing out students in their job placement
- Member, Marketing Association of Pakistan, Karachi
- Member, Management Association of Pakistan, Karachi
- Diplomaed Associate, Institute of Bankers, Karachi
Participated in NDFC sponsored research studies as ‘Coordinator’ and ‘Associate’ under the supervision of Late Engineer Ghulam Kibria, in assessing the potential of indigenous capability in Engineering Industry of Pakistan through following Research Report Series:
- A study of the Foundry Industry of Pakistan (1984-85)
- A study of the Machine Tool Industry of Pakistan (1985-86)
- A study of the Arms Industry of Darra Adam Khel.(1986-87)
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building: Room No 4, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 321