Tazeen Arsalan, Assistant Professor and Head of Department – Accounting and Finance hold MPhil in Business Administration as well as Masters and Bachelors degree in Business Administration from Institute of Business Management. She is currently pursuing PHD in Business Management. She has over seventeen years of experience in corporate sector and academia. She worked for Saudi Pak Leasing, SMEDA and various reputed business schools as visiting faculty before joining IoBM as permanent faculty. Besides teaching Accounting & Finance courses, she is also actively involved in capstone projects where she has supervised more than twelve projects related to Financial Institutions and Markets. She is also faculty advisor of Finance Society of IoBM and has been performing the duties of the Coordinator – BBA program for the last five years.
|In Progress||Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management||Institute of Business Management, Karachi|
|2016||Masters in Philosophy||Institute of Business Management, Karachi|
|2001||Masters in Business Administration||Institute of Business Management, Karachi|
|2000||Bachelors in Business Administration (Honors)||Institute of Business Management, Karachi|
|January 2017 to date||Head of the Department,Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management|
|January 2016 to date||Assistant Professor,Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management|
|2012 – 2016||Senior Lecturer – Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management|
|2007 – 2012||Visiting Faculty – Accounting & Finance||Institute of Business Management|
|2011 – 2012||Visiting Faculty – Accounting & Finance||Newport Institute|
|2002 – 2006||Assistant Manager||SMEDA|
|2001 – 2002||Assistant Manager||Corporate Leasing, Saudi Pak Leasing|
- Prefeasibility Study on Marble & Granite – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Denim Garments – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Composite Unit of Denim – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Electrical Industry – Project of COPHC
- Prefeasibility Study on Leather Industry – Project of COPHC
- Reasons for Low Investor Base in Capital Markets of Pakistan – Project of CDC
- Risk and Return Analysis of Stocks in Pakistan – Project of CDC
- Risk and Return Analysis of Bond Market in Pakistan – Project of CDC
- An Investigation of Customer’s Awareness Level and Customer’s Service Utilization Decision in Banking Industry of Pakistan with major Focus on Islamic Banking – Project of Leading Commercial Bank of Pakistan
- Internal Audit Practices in Commercial Banks of Pakistan – Project of HBL
- Ranking of Banks in Pakistan – Project of JS Bank
- Manual Development of Accounting & Finance – Project of BB Shaheed Youth Development
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- October 20, 2017: Discover what excel can do for you?
- October 16,2017: Block chain at IoBM
- Seminar on: Risk and Return in Stock Market of Pakistan. Dec 1, 2016. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: ABC of stock Market. Nov 3, 2016. IoBM – KArachi
- Seminar on: Challenges and Opportunities insight in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), Oct 8, 2016. IoBM – Karachi.
- Seminar on: Student Motivation. 26th June 106
- Seminar on: Revolution of Business Education by IoBM. February 6, 2016. IoBM – Karachi
- International Conference of Business Management, March 11-13, 2015. IoBM Karachi.
- Seminar on Islamic banking. October 20, 2015. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: “How young entrepreneurs manage risk”. April 14, 2015. IoBM, Karachi.
- Seminar on “Effect of Hawala on the Economy of Pakistan”. Nov 27, 2014. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: How to be a stock Broker. March 4, 2014
- “Stabilizing the Rupee & Solutions for the Key Economic Issues faced by Pakistan”. October 24, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar in collaboration with CFA Society Pakistan Chapter. The Great Convergence: Asia, the West, and the Logic of One World. By: Kishore Mahbubani, Dean & Professor, National University Singapore. June 27, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on “Importance of Savings and Investments for Students”. April 11, 2013. IoBM – Karachi
- Seminar on: Motivation & psychology of success. Dec 10, 2012. IoBM – Karachi.
- Seminar on: ’Investor Education and Awareness Programme’, Nov 8, 2012. IoBM – Karachi.
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- Feb 19-22, 2018: Emotional Intelligence at IoBM
- Feb 5-6, 2018: Directors & Deans Conference at PC,Karachi.
- September 25-26, 2017: Dynamics of Accreditation and Re-accreditation” by NBEAC at Islamabad Club, Islamabad.
- September 20-21, 2017: IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium
- February 10, 2017: Uplifting Service by Ron Kaufman
- Fareed, S., Arsalan, T., Ayubi, S., (2017). “The Determinants of Bank Liquidity” presented in Conference (IRCBM 2017) at PAF – KIET- 18th July 24, 2017.
- December 1, 2016: Risk and Return of Stock Market in Pakistan
- November 23 – 24, 2016: IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium
- November 3, 2016: ABC of Stock Market
- February 6, 2016: Revolution of Business Education by IoBM.
- January 12, 2016: Research Culture and Faculty Evaluation Criteria
- January 13, 2016: Vision and Mission of College, Program and Course Outcomes
- January 14, 2016: Industry Engagement
- October 20, 2015: Islamic Banking
- March 11-12, 2015: 5th International Conference of Business Management.
- February 10-11, 2015: Rectors and Deans Conference.
- Nov 27, 2014: Effect of Hawala and Black Money on the economy of Pakistan.
- Mar 4, 2014: How to be a Stock Broker.
- Seminar on Entrepreneurship by Institute of Business Management.
- Experiential Learning: by Institute of Business Management.
- April 2017, Financial management for NPOs
- August 31, 2013: AACSB Orientation Workshop at IoBM.
She teaches all the core course of accounting & finance courses as well as Entrepreneurial Finance and International Finance.
She is interested in research on Financial Institutions and markets.
- Excel based teaching
- Reading oriented classes
- Experiential Learning Projects
- Extensive experiential learning project in Financial Institution on “Comparison of Financial System of Pakistan with other countries”.
- Extensive experiential learning project in Entrepreneurial Finance on “In Depth Business Plan of a New Venture”
- Extensive experiential learning project in Corporate Finance on “Determinants of Capital Structure of Different Sectors”.
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Experiential Project on Business plan of a new venture.
- Corporate Finance
- Experiential project on Capital Structure of leading industries of Pakistan.
- Arsalan.T, Amama.U, Iqbal.M, Maheshwari.M.(Accepted to be published in April 2019 issue).Impact of Risk & Macro Economic Variables on Return of Banking Sector Stocks in Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review
- Arsalan.T, Mahmud.M, Baig.A.(Accepted to be published in Jul 2019 issue) Determinants of Profitability in Pvt Commercial Banks of Pakistan. Pakistan Business Review
- Fareed, S. Arsalan, T., & Ayubi, S. (2017) “Bank deals with liquidity: The micro and macroeconomic determinants approach evidence of Pakistan banking Industry,” is paper published in proceedings 30th IBIMA conference 2017.
- Arsalan, T., Mahmud, M., Baig, M. A., & Fareed, S. (2017) “Determinants of Profitability in Public Banks of Pakistan” paper published in proceedings 30th IBIMA Conference 2017.
- Hyder, S. I., & Arsalan, T. (2016). Implications of CPEC on domestic and foreign investment: Lack of feasibility studies. CPEC: Macro & Micro economic dividends for Pakistan and the region (Vol. 12, pp. 65–78).
- Arsalan, T. (2014). Are Banks in Pakistan Learning Organizations? Pakistan Business Review (Vol July, 2014)
CONFERENCE PAPER & PRESENTATION
- Sajid, A., Arsalan. T. (2017) Determinants of Profitability in Islamic Banks of Pakistan in 1st International Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance on 29-30 Nov in Karachi.
- Fareed, S. Arsalan, T., & Ayubi, S. (2017). Bank deals with liquidity: The micro and macroeconomic determinants approach evidence of Pakistan banking Industry, 30th IBIMA conference in Spain.
- Arsalan, T., Mahmud, M., Baig, M. A., & Fareed, S. (2017) “Determinants of Profitability in Public Banks of Pakistan” 30th IBIMA Conference in Spain.
- Fareed.S, Arsalan.T, Ayubi.S., (2017).” The determinants of Bank Liquidity” presented in conference (IRCBM 2017) at PAF –KIET-18th July 24 in Karachi.
- Arslan, T., Maheshwari, M., & Gul, U.-A.A. (2017) Internal audit practices: A comparative analysis of private banks in Pakistan. 20th National Research Conference on 19 April in Islamabad.
- IoBM – AMDIP Faculty Colloquium (2016) Guest Speaker in Academia and Industry Linkage. November 23-24, in Karachi
- Hyder, I., Arsalan, T. (2016). Implications of CPEC on Foreign and Local Investment: Lack of Feasibility Information. IPRI Conference on “CPEC: Macro and Micro Economic Dividends”, Sep 20-21 in Islamabad.
- Arsalan, T. (2015). Strategic Management Practices in Commercial Banks of Pakistan, presented in 5th International Conference of Business Management, Mar 11-13 in Karachi
- Pakistan Business review
- Coordinator of BBA and BS (Joint Honors)
- Faculty Advisor, Finance Society, Institute of Business Management
- Peer Reviewer, PBR
- Board of Studies – Accounting & Finance, Institute of Business Administration
Institute of Business Management (IoBM)
CBM Building, Room no. 422, Institute of Business Management
Korangi Creek, Karachi Pakistan – 75190
Ext – 351